Welcome to the Exploring Economics web site.
This site was created to help students of economics at Northeastern University understand topics and principles in economics by presenting examples from contemporary events.
To search the database of examples:
These examples were written by Sungwoo Kim and Steven Morrison of the Economics Department and are based on articles that appeared in the popular press.
- Click on a topic from the menu at the left.
- A list of article summaries that explain the economics topic will appear.
- The articles are organized into concepts related to microeconomics and/or macroeconomics.
- Click more>> to see the full text of any example.
- Click the topic title again to return to the original list.
Please help us continue to improve this Web site by providing your feedback. Click here to complete an evaluation.